Sustainability is a key component of our Workshop space, and we're happy to accept donations of supplies for the Pitt creative community! Because we have limited storage space, we curate our supplies carefully to maintain an inspirational mix of materials.
Following are some of our Workshop staples. We're always in need of these essentials:
- Empty tennis ball tubes
- 8.5 x 11” paper: “lightly used” (at least one blank/usable side)
- Wine corks
- Metal bottle caps
- Clean re-sealable plastic bags
- Vintage board game pieces
- Used or unused postcards
- Vintage books and magazines
- Old photographs and filmstrips
- Small machinery parts and gears
- Cord, twine, and wire
- Jewelry-making supplies (beads, wire, clasps, etc.)
You don't need to make an appointment, or check in advance, to donate any of these materials: you're welcome to drop in whenever we're open! If you have other supplies or equipment you're interested in donating, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! FOR PITT DEPARTMENTS: We want to make it easy for faculty and staff to donate supplies. Maybe you generate a surplus of "extra" paper, printed on one side, that would be perfect for typing practice, or you're looking for an outlet for those magazines that seem to keep stacking up, or those odds and ends that are too good to throw away but no longer serve a function in your office. We can provide you with your own Upcycle Box: just tuck it an a corner, and you have one centralized drop-off space for your department! We'll come by every week to collect donations and thank you for your support of the Workshop. That's it! Just contact us at email@example.com to get started.
THANK YOU to our Pitt partners who have requested Upcycle Boxes or donated materials for use:
- Office of the Provost
- University Center for International Studies
- Barco Law Library - University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Center for Biologic Imaging
- Department of Music
- University Store on Fifth