Jeanne Marie Laskas
Jeanne Marie Laskas is the author of seven books, including Concussion (Penguin Random House, 2015), Hidden America, and an award-winning trilogy of memoirs. She teaches writing at Pitt, where she also serves as the Director of the Writing Program and is the creative force behind the Center for Creativity.
The establishment of the Center for Creativity is a group effort, with particular support from the members of its steering committee:
- Kit Ayars, Project Manager/Center for Creativity; Executive Communications, Computing Services & Systems Development
- Rebecca Bagley, Vice Chancellor for Economic Partnerships, Office of the Chancellor
- Don Bialostosky, Professor, Department of English, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Babs Carryer, Director, Innovation Institute
- Annmarie Dugan, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Theatre Arts, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Debra Fyock, Director, University Store on Fifth
- Delanie Jenkins, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Studio Arts, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Nancy Kirkwood, Administrative Coordinator, Department of English, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Dan Kubis, Assistant Director, Humanities Center
- Jeff Oaks, Senior Lecturer and Assistant Director of the Writing Program, Department of English, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Deane Root, Chair and Professor, Department of Music, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Associate Vice Chancellor Eli Shorak and Assistant Vice Chancellor Jim Earle, with the enthusiastic expertise of Bill Heller, worked magic to make an initial home for the Workshop space. Provost Patricia Beeson and her office provided the commitment needed to make the impossible real.